Here is a link to some fascinating new research on the increased incidence of second-career pastoral leadership, particularly in conservative protestant denominations. It appears that pastors are starting older and that they usually have had a career before they come into ministry. In general, I find this trend encouraging. Pastors with real life experience ought to do a better job of relating to the people that they preach to and serve. Check out the numbers and graphs at Pulpit and Pew.
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. — The Apostle Paul
In This Section
Five Most Recent Articles
- “Aspects of Islam” by Mark Naylor M.Th.
- Theologies of Leadership – are they new forms of clericalism? by Larry Perkins Ph.D.
- Calendar for Church Websites by Loren Warkentin M.T.S.
- Northwest Board Appoints New President by Loren Warkentin M.T.S.
- John Brand on Expository Preaching by Dr. Kenton Anderson
Five Most Commented Articles
- Victoria Day on May 20, 2013
- Immerse Instructional Seminar on June 7, 2013 8:00 am
- Immerse Instructional Seminar on June 8, 2013 8:00 am
- Joint Immerse Management (JIM) on June 12, 2013 1:30 pm
- NBS Board of Governors Retreat on June 13, 2013
- National Aboriginal Day on June 21, 2013
- Canada Day on July 1, 2013
View the Large Calendar203b