I have been teaching a series called “Principles of our Faith” lately at one of our local Fellowship churches and one of the questions people keep asking me is; “what do you think of the concept ‘emerging church’”? My answer is always the same. The emerging church, like Postmodernity, is a condition, only confined to the evangelical church. It marks its self by its lack of clarity, its lack of direction and its lack of theological depth, all because evangelicals have forgotten their Bibles, lost their historical identity and jettisoned their doctrinal roots. The reactions are predictable. Denial. But I have yet to be proven wrong. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. — The Apostle Paul
In This Section
Five Most Recent Articles
- “Aspects of Islam” by Mark Naylor M.Th.
- Theologies of Leadership – are they new forms of clericalism? by Larry Perkins Ph.D.
- Calendar for Church Websites by Loren Warkentin M.T.S.
- Northwest Board Appoints New President by Loren Warkentin M.T.S.
- John Brand on Expository Preaching by Dr. Kenton Anderson
Five Most Commented Articles
- Victoria Day on May 20, 2013
- Immerse Instructional Seminar on June 7, 2013 8:00 am
- Immerse Instructional Seminar on June 8, 2013 8:00 am
- Joint Immerse Management (JIM) on June 12, 2013 1:30 pm
- NBS Board of Governors Retreat on June 13, 2013
- National Aboriginal Day on June 21, 2013
- Canada Day on July 1, 2013
View the Large Calendar