Heart For Ministry
- I sense God calling me to take my ministry to a deeper level…
- I can’t help but think God has more for me…
- But how can I know for sure?
As people respond in obedience to God’s calling – His call to salvation, His call to active discipleship, His call to serve – they discover that God can use their lives to influence their world for His Kingdom.
It has been reported that 38% of all leaders in both the Church and Christian non-profit ministry agencies came into their position from the marketplace (Church Central, Tom Harper, November, 2004). These are second-career, homegrown, emerging leaders – men and women led by God and raised in the Church
Heart For Ministry is an interactive, mentor-related, learning experience designed to help connect the dots of God’s prompting. Designed to be used in both a personal Bible Study environment and within a mentoring relationship, there is both an Emerging Leader’s Manual, and a Mentor’s Manual. The Manual is designed around twelve sessions and includes selected readings, personal reflection, assessments, writings, and guided mentor discussions. It helps answer the significant questions:
- How can I discover the unique future that God has for me?
- What does it mean to be a leader?
- What does it take to become the leader God wants me to be?
- What is the next step I need to take into the future God is leading me?
Topics covered include:
- Core Values
- Defining Jesus’ way of leadership
- Discovering your personal leadership style
- Discovering your personal strengths
- Defining and measuring the ‘Higher Call’
- Creating a life-purpose plan
- Heart For Ministry: Emerging Leader’s Manual – this manual includes readings, assessments, writings, session notes, and mentoring sessions. Along with this manual, you are encouraged to purchase the book, Living your Strengths, by Albert Winseman, Donald Clifton, and Curt Liesveld. The StrengthFinders assessment in Living Your Strengths is covered in Session 9 of the manual.
- Heart For Ministry: Mentor’s Manual - this manual is a direct copy of the Emerging Leader Manual, but also includes extensive thoughts, suggestions, and notes for mentoring the Emerging Leader. As well, there are helps for assisting the Mentor in preparation and guidance of each mentoring session. To aid the mentoring process, Mentors are encouraged to complete all assessments and materials within the manual and share the results with the Emerging Leader. Though it is not required that you purchase the book, Living Your Strengths, it is strongly encouraged as it allows you to take the assessment and share the results with the Emerging Leader.
- Living Your Strengths, by Albert Winseman, Donald Clifton, and Curt Liesveld – this book, combined with the included StrengthFinders assessment, is intended to show all members of the church how to use their innate gifts to enrich their congregations. It assists in identifying and affirming your talents, finding your role and discovering your true calling.
Order and Pay Online:
|Heart for Ministry material||price|
|Emerging Leader’s Manual||$25|
|Living Your Strengths||$28|
|Shipping and Handling||$10|
For more information:
Contact Dr. Lyle Schrag, Associate Professor of Church Leadership, at 604.888.7592 or use the contact form below: