Ministry Assessment Process
Are you in or moving towards vocational ministry?
Our world needs leaders of character, awareness and skill.
- Character which demands integrity, compassion, and humility.
- Awareness which compels action, justice and understanding.
- Skill which raises excellence, team work and success.
Our churches need these leaders too.
The Ministry Assessment Process is for anyone actively in or moving toward vocational ministry. It’s for those who have proven their ability through workplace leadership, community involvement, or church volunteerism. It’s for those whose godly character and leadership gifts will empower your congregation in reaching the world for Christ.
The Ministry Assessment Process is a two-stage process: Personal Preparation and Assessment Consultation.
PERSONAL PREPARATION MATERIAL INCLUDES:
- Selected readings on vision, purpose and calling
- Living Your Strengths, by Albert Winseman, Donald Clifton and Curt Liesveld
- Ministry Match, by the Center for Church Effectiveness
- Leadership Competency Inventory
- StrengthsFinders (Living Your Strengths) by Gallup
- Defining your Personal Calling
- Defining your Personal Mission Statement
- Letter of recommendation from a pastor or board member
ASSESSMENT CONSULTATION INCLUDES:
- One-on-one meeting with an assessor
Leadership: we value unleashing servant leaders who inspire followers, rather than inhibiting them through resistant attitudes or bureaucracy.
Excellence: We value committing our best to achieving the great, rather than settling for only what is good.
Honour: We value mutual trust and respect, infused with unyielding integrity, rather than compromising grace or truth.
Engagement: We value active involvement with surrounding communities, rather than maintaining an internal focus.
Innovation: We value bold creativity and would rather risk failure than simply preserve an uninspired status quo.
Participation: We value joyful, vigorous commitment to our shared goals and values rather than critical or passive indifference.
Our values are the same as those of the Fellowship Pacific
For students of Northwest Baptist Seminary: $70 ($100 grant provided)
For others: $170
Introduce us to the emerging leaders within your congregation and let us work alongside you in increasing and refining their leadership capacity. Please contact Dr. Lyle Schrag, Associate Professor of Church Leadership, with the names of your emerging leaders. You may also contact his assistant, Nikki Lanigan. He will then contact them, encouraging them to attend MAP, and providing them with necessary assessment resources.
For more information, please contact: Dr. Lyle Schrag or Nikki Lanigan at 604-888-7592 or use the form below: