Vern Middleton Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus of Missiology and Church Growth
Dr Vern Middleton earned a B.A. degree from Western Washington University, a B.D. degree from Northwest Baptist Seminary, a M.Th in Missiology from Fuller Theological Seminary, and a Ph.D in Intercultural Studies from Fuller Theological Seminary. Dr. Middleton has been a church planter for the Fellowship Baptist Churches throughout most of his ministry years. He served as a missionary to India from 1965 to 1976 and spent much of that time teaching at Union Biblical Seminary. He has been teaching at Northwest Baptist Seminary for 25 years. He serves on several mission boards including City Team and Fellowship International Ministries.
Courses Being Taught
- CCM 661 – A Biblical Theology of Missions.
- CCM 662 – Issues in 20th Century Missions.
- CCM 663 – History of the Expansion of Christianity in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe.
- OMI 550 – Evangelism
- OMI 650 – Church Planting
- THS 743 – Missionary Encounters with Non-Christian Religions
Areas of Interest – Professional
Missiology, Church Planting, Evangelism, World Religions, Mission History.
Areas of Interest – Personal
Grandchildren, Bicycling, Boating, Gardening.2064