The following are some general instructions for the type of photos enrollment applicants need to submit as part of their application process.
- The photo needs to be in a .jpg format.
- The image quality needs to be sharp, clear and in colour.
- The image format must be a “head and shoulders” shot.
- For the height/width ratio we need the image to be 3 X 4 – so slightly taller than it is wide;
- The image size (in pixel resolution) should good enough to print a 3″ X 4″ photo at 200 dpi:
- 900 X 1200 pixels will give you the right ratio (3X4) and a good enough size for printing.
- Minimal .jpg compression (some cameras call it “Fine” quality) will allow for a high resolution image.
- To roughly gauge the correct size, an image at those pixels and compression will be around 1MB.