Here is a link to some fascinating new research on the increased incidence of second-career pastoral leadership, particularly in conservative protestant denominations. It appears that pastors are starting older and that they usually have had a career before they come into ministry. In general, I find this trend encouraging. Pastors with real life experience ought to do a better job of relating to the people that they preach to and serve. Check out the numbers and graphs at Pulpit and Pew.
I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. — Jesus
In This Section
Five Most Recent Articles
- “Aspects of Islam” by Mark Naylor M.Th.
- Theologies of Leadership – are they new forms of clericalism? by Larry Perkins Ph.D.
- Calendar for Church Websites by Loren Warkentin M.T.S.
- Northwest Board Appoints New President by Loren Warkentin M.T.S.
- John Brand on Expository Preaching by Dr. Kenton Anderson
Five Most Commented Articles
View the Large Calendar