Here is a link to some fascinating new research on the increased incidence of second-career pastoral leadership, particularly in conservative protestant denominations. It appears that pastors are starting older and that they usually have had a career before they come into ministry. In general, I find this trend encouraging. Pastors with real life experience ought to do a better job of relating to the people that they preach to and serve. Check out the numbers and graphs at Pulpit and Pew.
Life, death, hell, and worlds unknown, hang on the preaching and the hearing of a sermon. — Charles Haddon Spurgeon
In This Section
Five Most Recent Articles
- Training Biblical Leaders and Preachers in Their Own Country by Kent Anderson Ph.D.
- Board of Governors Award – Evan Scales by Kent Anderson Ph.D.
- Kalimantan, Indonesia Trip by Loren Warkentin M.T.S.
- Alumni in Ministry by Kent Anderson Ph.D.
- The People who make up Northwest by Loren Warkentin M.T.S.
Five Most Commented Articles
- Immerse Fall Orientation on November 5, 2014 8:30 am
- Immerse Fall Website Training on November 5, 2014 1:30 pm
- Immerse Fall Logos Training on November 6, 2014 8:30 am
- Immerse Fall Mentor Training (all day) on November 6, 2014 8:30 am
- Immerse Fall Exegetical Workshop on November 6, 2014 1:00 pm
- Immerse Instructional Seminar - Wisdom Literature on November 7, 2014 8:00 am
- Immerse Cornerstone on November 7, 2014 8:00 am
- Immerse Cornerstone on November 8, 2014 8:00 am
- Immerse Instructional Seminar - Wisdom Literature on November 8, 2014 8:00 am
- Remembrance Day on November 11, 2014
View the Large Calendar