Why Support Leadership Training Through Northwest?
Larry and Grace Nelson, alumni of Northwest, invest in Northwest because “at this point in our lives we can think of few things more important than training effective, healthy ministry leaders for our Fellowship of churches.” More specifically they are motivated to support our vision because
- the need for effective, qualified ministry leaders to lead our churches exceeds the supply
- Northwest’s choice to partner with other Seminaries and Trinity Western University in ACTS creates a unique environment for developing ministry leaders, one in which they interact with a variety of evangelical denominational perspectives
- sharing resources with other Seminaries and Trinity Western University demonstrates excellent stewardship, creating economies of scale
- the pastor/scholars who serve as faculty have a true heart for the Fellowship and its ministries.
- the evangelical church in Canada needs vital, stable leadership development resources that understand the Canadian cultural context, the kind of resources that Northwest provides.
Recently Larry spoke about the need for supporting Northwest.
Northwest’s track record in leadership development extends over seven decades. We are innovative, accountable to our family of churches, focused on this single outcome, and blessed with some of the finest pastor-scholar-teachers in Canada — all of whom have significant local church ministry leadership experience.