As one whose life is defined by Meetings, it’s no surprise that I found today’s headline article in Inc.com’s Daily Resource for Entrepreneurs so compelling. The title: New Study Reveals Why Meetings Are SO Unbearable. [I added the boldface to the word SO!] The article presented research gathered by Opinion Research USA meant to measure the annoying meeting behaviors that push people past the tolerance threshold at business meetings. While there weren’t any remedies presented in the article, I have to admit the findings were very interesting … and convicting: “…27% ranked disorganized, rambling meetings as their top frustration, followed by 17% who said they were annoyed by peers who interrupt and try to dominate meetings.” There were other fascinating results:“…respondents over the age of 55 considered meetings without a bathroom break a significant issue, and for respondents ages 18 to 24, serving food is a priority at meetings…” hmmm, I just happen to be 55 this year. Interesting, indeed! If anything, the study just reinforced some of the basic principles I’ve been collecting for the Best Practices for Church Boards: “if you are someone calling the meeting, organize it, control everyone during the meeting, and make sure the people there aren’t wasting their time…” Read the whole post here: http://www.inc.com/news/articles/200705/meetings.html
His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence… — The Apostle Peter
In This Section
Five Most Recent Articles
- Training Biblical Leaders and Preachers in Their Own Country by Kent Anderson Ph.D.
- Board of Governors Award – Evan Scales by Kent Anderson Ph.D.
- Kalimantan, Indonesia Trip by Loren Warkentin M.T.S.
- Alumni in Ministry by Kent Anderson Ph.D.
- The People who make up Northwest by Loren Warkentin M.T.S.
Five Most Commented Articles
- MinistryLift Equipping Conference on October 24, 2014 8:30 am
- Immerse Fall Orientation on November 5, 2014 8:30 am
- Immerse Fall Website Training on November 5, 2014 1:30 pm
- Immerse Fall Mentor Training (all day) on November 6, 2014 8:30 am
- Immerse Fall Logos Training on November 6, 2014 8:30 am
- Immerse Fall Exegetical Workshop on November 6, 2014 1:00 pm
- Immerse Cornerstone on November 7, 2014 8:00 am
- Immerse Instructional Seminar - Wisdom Literature on November 7, 2014 8:00 am
- Immerse Cornerstone on November 8, 2014 8:00 am
- Immerse Instructional Seminar - Wisdom Literature on November 8, 2014 8:00 am
View the Large Calendar