Don Chang has been a pastor, a scholar, a teacher, but has also worked as a general labourer.
Committing his life to the ministry of the Word of God, he left a secure position and has been through a dynamic life. His variety of life experiences as well as his academic and pastoral practices will be merged into balanced and sympathetic teaching here at Northwest Baptist Seminary.
- Ph.D. in Religions and Theology (Biblical Studies) at the University of Manchester, Manchester, U.K., 2014
- M.A. in Biblical Studies (with Distinction) at Trinity Western University, Langley, B.C., 2005
- M.Div. in Theology (Summa Cum Laude) at Sungkyul Christian University (An Yang, Korea) and Canadian Theological Seminary (Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada), 2001
- B.A., Chung–Ang University, Seoul, Korea, 1998
- Youth Pastor at Joyful Fellowship Church, Coquitlam, BC, Canada (Present)
- Lead Pastor at Shilim Jeil Sungkyul Church, Seoul, Korea (2005–2008)
- Assistant Pastor at The Church of the Sent, Langley, B.C. (2002–2004)
- Worship Pastor at Regina Korean Church, Regina, Sask. (1999–2000)
- Phinehas, the Sons of Zadok, and Melchizedek: Priestly Covenant in Late Second Temple Texts. Library of Second Temple Studies series. London: Bloomsbury T & T Clark, 2016.
- “Priestly Covenant in 1QM and 1QSb” in The War Scroll, War and Peace in the Dead Sea Scrolls and Related Literature. Studies in the Texts of the Desert of Judah series. Edited by Kyung Baek, Kipp Davis, Peter Flint, and Dorothy M. Peters. Leiden: Brill, 2015.
- 2009 Today’s Words (Co-authored), Seoul, Korea: Deulsori Times, 2008.
- “Jesus as Moses and Aaron: Hebrews’ Reading of OT Traditions for the Priestly Christology of the New Covenant Era” at Korean Biblical Colloquium of Society of Biblical Literature Annual International Meeting in Seoul, Korea, 3–7 July, 2016.
- “Phinehas: A Source for High Priests in the Second Temple Judaism” at Function of Apocryphal and Pseudepigraphal Writings in Early Judaism and Early Christianity Section of Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia, 21–24 November, 2015.
- “An Idiomatic Usage of the Priestly Covenantal Language in the Dead Sea Scrolls: A Case Study” at Canadian Society of Biblical Studies Annual Meeting in Ottawa, 31 May, 2015.
- “The Combined Concept of Priesthood and Covenant in Hebrews” at Evangelical Theological Society Annual Meeting in San Diego, 20 November 2014.
- “Phinehas, Zeal and Fatherhood in 1 Maccabees and Related Texts” at References to the Patriarchs in the Dead Sea Scrolls: A Manchester, Newton Fellowship, and Nordic Network Symposium at the University of Manchester, 24-26 July 2013.
Areas of Interest
- Biblical Studies
- High Priest and Priesthood in the Second Temple period
- Dead Sea Scrolls
- BIB 500Q Introduction to the Biblical Studies
- BIB 505Q Hermeneutics
- BOT 670Q Exposition of Isaiah
- MCS 810 Graduate Project (TA for Prof. Kent Anderson)
- KDMN 906 A Biblical Theology of Kingdom Leadership Serving the Missio Dei (TA for Prof. Larry Perkins)
- KDMN 900, 900b Introduction to the Program (TA for Prof. Larry Perkins)
- BIB 201 Pentateuch (Pacific Life Bible College)
- BIB 152 New Testament Survey (Pacific Life Bible College)